In consulting with the Dove Creek Fire and Pleasant View Fire, with the extreme dry conditions we are experiencing, Sheriff Don Wilson of the Dolores County Sheriff’s Office will be implementing a stage 1 fire ban for all of Dolores County on Wednesday June 16, 2021 at 12:00 A.M.
Stage 1 fire ban means the following:
If you have any questions about this fire ban, please feel free to contact the Dolores County Sheriff’s Office at 970-677-2257. Let’s all work together to keep our County, and public lands safe from Wildfires.
- Open fires are prohibited in unincorporated areas of Dolores County.
- An "open fire" is any fire in an outdoor location where fuel being burned is not contained in an incinerator, outdoor fireplace, barbeque grill or barbeque pit, burn barrels and incinerators must have adequate screen to restrict ash.
- This fire ban is because of high wildfire danger for the immediate preservation of public health, safety, and welfare of everyone in Dolores County.
- The fire ban shall apply to all unincorporated private lands within Dolores County, Colorado.
- Violations will be punishable by fine pursuant to C.R.S. 30-15-402.